Sunday, September 12, 2010

30 Days of Blogging, Day 8: Reasons Why You Love Your Significant Other

Well, this is a nice change of pace after yesterday's disappointment-fest.  This is a list that could go on indefinitely, but here are a few reasons:

1.  Because I knew, ten minutes into our first conversation, that he was the person I was supposed to be with for the rest of my life.  I could even tell you what he said that brought about this revelation, but then I'd have to relate the whole conversation for that sentence to make sense. 

2.  Because he has a wicked sense of humor that very few people know about.  He's very quiet, but when he speaks up, he's hilarious.

3.  Because he'll always do the right thing, even when it's not the easy thing.

4.  Because he goes out of his way to be nice.  Last weekend we went to IHOP for breakfast after church, and when he saw a woman approaching the front door carrying a baby in a carrier, he jumped up and opened the door for her.  He wasn't the person closest to the door, but he didn't wait to see if one of those people was going to help out.

5.  Because he's a really good dad, available and supportive but not a doormat or a cash machine, like so many fathers are.   

6.  Because he genuinely wants me to succeed at whatever I do, and he takes pride in my success rather than feeling threatened or diminished by it.

No comments: