Friday, September 10, 2010

30 Days of Blogging, Day 6: Someone From the Past that You'd Like to Get in Touch With

This is a pretty hard one, actually.  There are many people I've lost touch with over the years; some of them have tracked me down on Facebook, and one of them wrote me an actual letter after reading my novel.  I'm always glad to hear from people I used to know, but I'm taking this topic to mean "someone you might actually consider reaching out to yourself."  That's a much more difficult question.  (See my Day 2 post if you need an explanation as to why this might be.)

Probably, though, the answer would be my friend Susan from high school.  We became very good friends very quickly at the beginning of our senior year; I was never a person with a big friend network, and Susan was really the first "best friend" I'd ever had.  After high school, we went to the same college but joined different sororities--so of course we made different friends and didn't see each other as much.  We also developed different priorities, and after awhile we just didn't understand each other very well.  I moved off campus and became a vegetarian.  She got more and more enmeshed in sorority life.  It got to be difficult to spend much time together at all.

I don't know if Susan and I would have much in common these days, but I'd be interested in finding out.

No comments: